Tuesday, March 11, 2014

QuizUp - More Than Just A Game


This post was inspired by a trivia game that I recently started playing. The title of the game is QuizUp, a mobile game developed for iOS and Android platforms by PlainVanilla Games, an Iceland based company. I was so impressed by the structure of this game that making a post about it was an absolute no-brainer.
QuizUp provides a sense of intimacy, a connection between game and gamer, a quality that I have always found wanting in many trivia games. Right from the moment I installed QuizUp on my iPhone, I was hooked. I mean I was literally possessed by its refreshing game structure. I certainly could not stop playing it. 

https://www.quizup.com/

Just to give you a quick background as to why this game is so addictive, QuizUp offers players the option to challenge their friends, as well as other random gamers from across the globe. I would like to refer to QuizUp as the Facebook of trivia gaming. Other factors that make this game so exciting are its diversity and "currentness". QuizUp draws questions from a variety of topics that include, movie titles, sports, Television shows (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones), general education, general arts, photography etc. What is even more inspiring is the fact that gamers are able to add new categories filled with trivia that they have gathered and put together.
Since I began typing up this post, I have taken quite a few “QuizUp breaks”. Yes! It is that good. Furthermore, I am convinced that my IQ level has increased since I started playing this game. At least so I would like to believe. QuizUp isn’t only fun, but it is also an unorthodox form of learning. I think this will lure more people towards it.
QuizUp has been around for barely five months, but I am totally convinced that this game will continue to grow in quality and popularity, and I predict that it will become a household name in the nearest future. Additionally, I also predict that one day Facebook for will purchase QuizUp for over $1 billion USD. Remember you heard it here first.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Now I am off to play some more- QuizUp!

No comments:

Post a Comment